Azerbaijan is the Land of Fire and the Pearl of the Caucasus, a land where eastern colours combine magnificently with western progress. Azerbaijan is a country of unique nature, unmatched culture, centuries of history with its customs and traditions and fine cuisine; a place which will satisfy the expectations of the most sophisticated gastronomists, and finally, it is the country of Caucasian hospitality and friendliness.
Georgia – one of the most ancient and fascinating countries of the world! With its favourable geographic location Georgia has always been a connecting link between Europe and Asia, traversed by many routes including the famous Silk Road. This most important pre-modern trade road linking China with the West diverged into northern and southern routes, the northern one passing through Georgia. The traces of ancient caravans are still visible near Uplistsikhe cave town.
Mountainous landscapes, fresh air, sweet water and lots of history on every corner: Armenia (in Armenian “Hayastan”) is the name of the country that combines all of this. Armenia is a small but yet very captivating country in the Caucasus. It has survived a lot in its long history and is still firmly on its feet. The first Christian country in the world has always sought to defend its scripts, religion and independence.
Agriculture in Ukraine is one of the most important branches of its economy due to variety of climatic and demographic reasons. The agriculturally used areas take 69,1% of Ukrainian territory. More than half of all planted areas consists of cereal crops – wheat, corn (maize), rice, rye, oat, barley, millet, buckwheat. Furthermore, the main specialization field of Ukrainian agriculture is plant production, particular production of industrial and feed crops: sugar beets (63% of sugar beets in CIS is cultivated here (the 1st place)) and sunflowers (Ukraine takes the 2nd place in CIS according to its harvest).
Why join Crop Tour by InConventus:
✓ Meet key commodity traders
✓ Meet representatives of the largest agricultural holdings in Ukraine
✓ Visit grain elevator
✓ Meet and discuss with local farmers
✓ Visit of Odessa harbour, icl. local processing facilities of oilseeds
✓ Visit of a crop farm owned by foreign farmer
Agriculture has been historically one of the main sectors of the Ukrainian economy. Considered for centuries as a “bread basket of Europe” Ukraine today possesses arable land area which equals to 30% of arable land of the European Union and 2.1% of the global arable land bank. But it has always been about quality, not quantity: Ukraine accounts for about 25% of the world most fertile black soil which
makes country unique in terms of agri potential.
Crop farming is a basis of agriculture in Ukraine, most notably – production of grains and vegetable oil. In 2017, crops farming accounted for 72% of agricultural output (in USD terms), animal farming accounted for the remaining 28%.
Besides crops, Ukraine specializes in production of sugar, poultry and eggs. Production of these items, which exceeds home demand, is focused on export.
There is a very limited wine production in Poland. In 2014, wine production in Poland amounted to 13.4 million litres only, making Polish wine a niche. Presently the number of legally registered wineries is 78, compared to 49 in 2013, cultivating about 700 hectares of vineyards.
The Polish organic food market presents opportunity for further intensive development. In recent years, the market for such products has increased by several percent each year. The increase in organically farmed area was spectacular between 2004 and 2014, beginning with 84,000 Ha and reaching 658,000 Ha. Steady increase in the purchasing power of Polish consumers and development of higher incomes among well-educated social groups create good prospects for U.S. organic food exporters. Poland is a country with an excellent geographical location to access the EU.
Agricultural Study Tours to Central Eastern Europe
+48 733 051 222
21 Kamienna str.,
31-403 Kraków, Poland
27 Valova Str.
22 Peritsvaleba Str.